photo headertagline.png

Friday, July 19, 2013

Never Enough...



I've been here before.

Feeling like no matter what I did it was never good enough.


I was never enough.

I believe these and similar thoughts are what lead us as women to abandon what God has called us to. Whatever that calling may be.

When we give in to these thoughts Satan usually has us right where he wants us. What better tool of manipulation than the so often called "mommy guilt".

Guilt

Some of us are all too familiar with this word. Like when you lose your temper and you see the hurt in the other person's eyes. Or when you give in to those food cravings only to realize, "Yep, I blew it again!". Maybe you often compare yourself to people or maybe compare your life situations to those of others and at the end of it all the only thoughts which go through your mind are as such...

"We will never have a marriage like them."

"I wish I could be as organized as her. My life will always be a mess."

"I will always be fat."

The list could go on and on. I know what its like to be consumed with this false guilt. You begin to second guess every single thing you do or think. It's a miserable place to be.

What I've found to be most encouraging is looking to the scriptures and reminding myself of God's truths. The reminder of His love for me far outweighs any guilt feelings I could assume on myself. (Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. romans 8:1)The fact because of Him I can live and be forgiven helps me in the moments of feeling completely inadequate.(For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. romans 3:23; If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 john 1:9) When I feel like I've reached my breaking point He let's me know there's nothing in my life He hasn't set in motion and given me.

I understand the reality of how much easier it is to experience this clarity after the circumstance has passed.

However, we must do what we can to remind ourselves of these truths while we are in the midst of such situations.

You're not always going to do it right. In fact, you might be as hard headed as I am and it seems every few weeks the Lord is once again teaching you a lesson in which you've been trying to overcome for years. Don't operate your life by insanity. Do you remember what the definition of insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

If what you've been doing isn't producing results or maybe what's being produced aren't the results you want then reexamine your approach and don't forget to PRAY!!!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

Share your heart with God. He's not going to look down on your appearance, crying or maybe lack of words to say. He may not answer you in a way you think He should but I encourage you to find comfort in knowing He is always there.

Here are some of my favorite verses when I'm needing encouragement:

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 73:26My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
2 Corinthians 5:7for we walk by faith, not by sight


John 14:27Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.


1 Peter 5:7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.


Matthew 11:28  Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.


Psalm 18:2The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.


John 16:33These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Character Corner. I'll be sharing your link on my FB page this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy for taking the time stop by and I'm grateful you were encouraged! I pray too others who would read this would be encouraged as well.

      :)

      Delete