photo headertagline.png

Friday, July 19, 2013

When Hypocrisy Sets In...


Have you ever called someone a hypocrite?

Have you ever realized you are one yourself?


Unfortunately I have done this and the ways I usually realize I am being a hypocrite is by seeing my kids emulate ME! 

I heard a talk one time about parenting and the speaker acknowledged how we as parents have moments where we are getting on to our children for doing something. For example saying, "YOU BETTER STOP YELLING AT YOUR BROTHER!!!" as we are sitting there yelling at them and instantly we've fallen in to hypocrisy.

Parenting isn't the only area where this might happen. There are many opportunities for us to fall in to this sin. It's always so easy to put on this mask and make things seem a certain way when in reality what you have exuded is no where near the truth. 

Blogging has always been something I was fond of. I did however find myself at times trying to be something I wasn't. To be honest it was a lot easier to hide behind a computer screen and give the illusion things were exactly how one could perceive them from the side of the lens you were viewing. 

It's easy to mask truth when in a virtually driven world we are often times so far removed from reality.

I no longer want to make things seem like something they are not. Which is why I started this real motherhood blog. I don't ever want to make the mistake again of giving the perception things are one certain way when they are not.

I want to be honest and real and let you all know, just because I've decided to blog doesn't mean I've got it all together. I have weaknesses, I have flaws, I have moments when I'm just plain wrong! In those times however is when God usually grows me the most. He reminds me when I'm trying to do things on my own is when I start to get in "trouble". 

I appreciate openness and I hope you all do too! Let's face it...motherhood is hard no matter what circumstance of life you might be in. I do feel we can all be more productive mothers if we are willing to except we are all in different seasons of life, none of our children are the same and we aren't all married to the same type of man.

Just be willing to take one another right where we are and see if maybe the Lord has something He's wanting to teach us. Are we always going to agree? Probably not, but can we all bring something a little different to the table and in turn make up the body of Christ? Absolutely!


"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." 
Proverbs 27:17


No comments:

Post a Comment